Goodbye my fancy lord

 


Getty Images


Oh, fancy lord in fancy silk

Would you know what suffering tastes like?

I bet no

You have never fed yourself my Lord

Leave alone starving

You know nothing of food prices

Yet you are supposed to take over

The country as our new monarch

Oh, my fancy lord

What should we expect of you?

We have spent billions on your coronation

Yet your people are starving

But I don’t blame you, my fancy lord

No one chooses whom to be born to

But people can choose who rules over them

Not because he has a birthright

But because they want him

It’s time to abdicate the throne to the people

Goodbye my fancy lord

No more kings and queens



By Kariuki Njumbi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Beyond Reasonable Doubt

‘STOP KILLING US!’ THE PLIGHT BY KENYAN WOMEN AGAINST THE RISING CASES OF FEMICIDE

THE TRENDS OF AI POLICY AND REGULATIONS IN AFRICA