TOO MANY EYES

                                                Image on Freepik by Freepik

Eight, sixteen, thirty two, sixty four, one twenty... You are seeing too much, more than you should, do you like what you see, or do you revile it?  Tell me, I fear your eyes, I don’t want you to see how I love, how I hate, who I am What’s your story then? Allow me some space in your fantasy, in your little world and I will tell you mine, do you eat raw eggs like I do? Tell me, you, you, even you, do you think like I do? I love to see you happy, too objectified to be living, I feel it for you I can see the awe in your eyes, I’m just as childish as you are, as heartbroken as you are, as entitled as you are, maybe a little different, I fall so hard, I love too much more than I love myself, too young to be too old, the crown on my head is heavy, I’ve seen heavier crowns though, I don’t know about yours, eye number nineteen, they tell me to be many things, the absence of my self consciousness, but methinks true self is like a mirage, too far yet so close, fate bombards us with too many eyes, our life path justifies Brownian motion maybe, too many eyes‼

Max is a law student at The University of Nairobi. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Beyond Reasonable Doubt

‘STOP KILLING US!’ THE PLIGHT BY KENYAN WOMEN AGAINST THE RISING CASES OF FEMICIDE

THE TRENDS OF AI POLICY AND REGULATIONS IN AFRICA