CARCASS 1

                                                                                  Image by Freepik

You watch someone change and they don't hold room for you anymore, you can try to squeeze in but the splinters from the door cut you open almost in half and you can only bleed out for so long until you die. You can try screaming at them to let you in but your voice is barely above a whisper now and they're changing and you’re not right in front of them and the maddening crowd is louder than you. Eventually the room is full and you're still whispering for them to make room for you, save me a seat, you’re my best friend, I haven't got anyone else. 

How late is too late. When did all the red drain from me? How long have I been lying outside the door? Why didn't anyone notice the foul smell? Is anyone out looking for me? Does anyone remember me? Hello?

What is it to be loved?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Beyond Reasonable Doubt

‘STOP KILLING US!’ THE PLIGHT BY KENYAN WOMEN AGAINST THE RISING CASES OF FEMICIDE

THE TRENDS OF AI POLICY AND REGULATIONS IN AFRICA