Love Beyond Reasonable Doubt






I told her I’d teach her about Jurisdiction,

Only if we could change the venue to my place 

That the prosecution, 

Can rest her case at my place

Where I would make an order of specific performance,

Of a contract for service

Then make her take a look at my brief

While practising some lateral equality

Because what better alibi could she have

Than spending the night with me? 


She became fully vested,

Hoping that I did not object to her leading question-

Of adjourning to the bedroom

Hoping to be a very vocal advocate if 

I gave her my instructions well

Her body was “ultra vires”, thicker than my Con Law textbook, 

It was beyond my power to control myself around her

And I would be held liable for negligence-

If I neglected to scooch closer to her 

They call me learned hand for a reason-

I sued the dress off her 

Made her call me Equity

Cause I made her come with clean hands 


I showed her my opening statement;

It was up to her to close 

And I gave her so much due process 

That standing up was the only issue 

At this point I was sure  

That she’d have to plead insanity if she ever left me 

That she was willing to get a life sentence with me 

That she was willing to court me, 

Even without a standing 

That she loved me beyond a reasonable doubt 

As she left, I told her that 

I hope her estate is subject to opening again

And she should be free, whenever she wants 

To approach the bench and badger my witness. 


Wandia Kariuki, poet, finalist student at UoN Faculty of Law



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

‘STOP KILLING US!’ THE PLIGHT BY KENYAN WOMEN AGAINST THE RISING CASES OF FEMICIDE

THE TRENDS OF AI POLICY AND REGULATIONS IN AFRICA